The South has always been rich with history, and that includes homes with distinct colors. If you’re restoring your historical home, your leading New Orleans home improvement contractor has tracked down some of the most recognizable Southern colors. Mid South Coatings also gives you recommendations on how you can use the same colors with TEX-COTE® COOLWALL® color choices.
- Barn red Famers used to coat southern barn exterior with a mixture of linseed oil and powdered rust. This works well in protecting wooden exterior. If your home follows Barnhouse architecture, consider TEX-COTE COOLWALL colors like Copper Rust, Really Rust, or Roanoke Red.
- Leather The faded-leather look is typical of traditional Texan architecture, where homeowners choose exteriors colors that blend seamlessly with the surroundings. Today’s Ranch-style homes typically come in shades of brown or tan, which is reminiscent of faded leather. Among our wide selection of tans and browns, we recommend Ranch Mink.
- Creole pink The Creole and Caribbean cultures’ influences are still prevalent today, including Creole pink on home’s exterior. Instead of a bright pink, Creole pink is more subtle, as it was a blend of pink and khaki. As your expert coating company in Covington, Louisiana, we offer Pink Sand and Dusty Coral, which are as close to Creole pink as anyone can get.
- Williamsburg blue Colonial settlers use nature-inspired colors for their exterior. They created a chalky shade of blue inspired by the surrounding sky and ocean called Williamsburg Blue. This shade works well with pure white trim. Our Abbey Slate hue gives the same chalky blue effect.
- Haint blue The Gullah culture of the Lowcountry used Haint blue to symbolize water because they believed that this wards off spirits. Today, you’d still find the same shade of blue on porch ceilings and doors. If you like this tone for your home, we recommend Delta Water.
- Antebellum white – A Southern staple, Antebellum White emulates the white-with-dark-undertone look of marble Greek facades and structures. You can still find this look today in Greek Revival architecture. If you’re after that look, consider Worn White from TEX-COTE COOLWALL.
TEX-COTE exterior coating in Lafayette, Louisiana, can outlast other coating products. If you would like to learn more, call Mid South Coatings today at (888) 291-0090. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate.