Cool Walls, Cool Home, Cool Savings.
It only makes sense that if the exterior of your home is cooler, you’ll be cooler and more comfortable inside. But did you know it can also help cut energy costs?
A study by the U.S. Department of Energy shows that by covering your home with a TEX-COTE® COOLWALL® system from Mid South Coatings instead of paint, you can reduce the exterior temperature of your walls by as much as 40 degrees (F). That delivers several important benefits that you can’t get with paint:
- Lower interior temperatures, which lessens the amount of energy necessary to run air conditioning equipment, thus lowering your monthly energy bill by up to 21.9%.*
- Reduced wear and tear on your walls that is caused by excessive expansion and contraction due to heating and cooling.
- Virtually eliminates cracking and rippling of the exterior coating due to reduced expansion.
- Your home’s exterior remains protected and attractive with no need to repaint every few years.
How TEX-COTE® COOLWALL® Works.
The “secret ingredient” in our TEX-COTE® COOLWALL® system is a highly advanced reflective pigment that is embedded in the coating. This pigment uses the same technology as the material used to coat high-tech “stealth” aircraft. As a result, COOLWALL® reflects a significant amount of the UV rays found in sunlight – even more effectively than ceramic spheres. This means your home’s walls absorb less heat energy, reducing fading and keeping the entire home cooler and more comfortable.
Even better news: Unlike paint, COOLWALL® does not need to be reapplied every few years. In fact, one application lasts a lifetime! Why paint again, simply by choosing the only exterior coating for homes in Metairie, LA, and the nearby areas with our unique technology.
Call the Only Exterior Painting Contractor with COOLWALL®.
Protecting your home with a TEX-COTE® COOLWALL® system from Mid South Coatings is the smart way to stay comfortable and save money. Call us at (833) 212-7712 or complete our convenient online request form to schedule a free, no obligation estimate to protect your New Orleans, LA, home with TEX-COTE®.
* Percentage of savings are based on the DOE study which showed savings ranging from 4.2-21.9%. Percentage of cooling costs and surface temperature reductions will vary based on color chosen, geographical location, climate condition, and substrate type. In some climates, there may be a heating penalty. See DOE supporting data for more information.